Why bother with Paris if you have Parys?
Interesting Facts About Parys
• Did you know that Parys is situated within the oldest and the largest site where a meteorite impacted with the earth?
• The Vredefort Dome was created 2 023 millions years ago when an asteroid as large as Table Mountain collided with earth.
• The human population would be obliterated if that happened in today’s world.
• If you visit one of the mountains in the Parys vicinity you will have vistas and views that simply go on forever.
• Book a tour, talk and excursion and learn about the site.
Parys is very close to Johannesburg – only about an hour’s drive from Johannesburg. If you drive South towards Bloem, you will find Pays along the route.
Stay over at the Otter’s haunt which has a wide variety of accommodation to suit all budgets.
Another stunning place to visit in Parys is the Bon-Af Berry Farm & Tea Garden where you will be able to delight in the delectable berry cheesecake on offer, and you will also be able to pick and take home some of the 80 varieties of berries on offer that grow on the farm! Some of these offerings include Elderberries, Blueberries, Black nightshade berries plus many more varieties.
Once the berry season has come and gone the children (and adults) can enjoy milking the old jersey cow and churn butter. Butter, berries and more are enjoyed at Bon-Af Berry Farm.
Swim in the river, take photos of the old suspension bride, or partake in a ginger cookie feast from the Plum Tree, plus white water rafting all make Parys a jewel to take pleasure in, sufficiently infused with country charm.
You will think you are caught up in a time-warp when visiting the quaint town of Parys, where old-fashioned sweets are still sold behind glass counters that you so dearly loved as a child. Suddenly you are six years old as a wave of nostalgia sweeps over you.
Immortalise your stay in Parys at Kiki’s Yesteryear nostalgic Photo Studio where you can dress up in a vintage outfit for a dreamy photo shoot.
Why dream of Paris when you Parys around the corner!